To all of my fellow Canucks, I wish you a safe & happy Canada Day weekend!!! Don't forget to wear sunscreen and keep yourself and your loved ones hydrated! :P
For my fellow GTA peeps, here is a list of where you can go watch fireworks tonight! and what's open and closed tomorrow! *copied from Citytv website, thank you!*
- Ashbridges Bay Park (Coxwell Avenue and Lake Shore Boulevard, Toronto): After 9:30 p.m.
- Canada’s Wonderland (Major MacKenzie Drive and Highway 400, Vaughan): 10 p.m, weather permitting.
- Downsview Park(Sheppard Avenue and Keele Street): A half-hour fireworks show starts at dusk.
- Powerade Centre (Kennedy Road and Highway 407, Brampton): Fireworks follow a free event that runs from noon until 10 p.m.
- Richmond Green Park (Elgin Mills Road and Leslie Street, Richmond Hill): Fireworks at 10 p.m., following a free day-long event.
- Mississauga’ Celebration Square (across from Square One shopping mall): Fireworks follow a free day of events.
- Bronte Harbour’s Heritage Waterfront Park (Lakeshore and Bronte roads, Oakville) Fireworks at 10:15 p.m. follow a free day of events.
- City of Barrie’s Canada Day celebration (Kempenfelt Bay): Firework start at 10 p.m. following a free day of events at Heritage Park at the waterfront.
What’s open and closed on Monday, July 2:
• LCBO and beer stores *Most LCBO stores will be open on Sunday, July 1.
• Government offices
• Banks will be closed
• No garbage pickup
• No mail delivery
• TTC will run on a holiday schedule
• GO Transit will run on a Saturday schedule
• Eaton Centre, Vaughan Mills, Square One Shopping Centre, Bramalea City Centre and Cookstown Outlet Mall
• Tourist sites: Toronto Zoo, ROM, Ontario Science Centre and Canada's Wonderland